REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LIST WITH A REAL ESTATE AGENT
- Today, homes are bought through comparison. You only have one home to show.
- You are not aware of the tastes and requirements of the buyer, nor do you have first hand knowledge of competitive values.
- You are not familiar with writing a contract that is valid and legal.
- The buyer is usually timid about discussing his/her financial status with you and you are similarly reluctant.
- You do not have time to leave your job to help the buyer arrange their financing, nor do you have the expert knowledge of the current home market.
- You cannot readily negotiate price with your buyer. But the third party, your REALTOR®, can work out negotiations.
- The average visitor will not admit freely to you his/her likes or dislikes, yet these must be brought to the open.
- You cannot “follow-up”, since this at once will be interpreted as your anxiety to sell in a hurry.
- You may make needless improvements to improve your property for selling; The REALTOR®’s experience can save you needless expense.
- You’re hearing conflicting suggestions from well meaning friends; REALTORS® have answers from experience.
- You may show your property to 100 would-be buyers, spend your time, money and effort — and eventually pay a commission to a broker who properly screens prospective purchasers.
- You may accept an insincere offer and then spend weeks/months in litigation to free your property in order to put it on the market once more.
- You may find buyer’s and seller’s personalities conflict, thereby losing a good sale. The REALTOR®, as a third party can diplomatically consummate the sale.
- Most buyers will call a REALTOR® – they’re free and do all the work.
- Most buyers work with a REALTOR® – for negotiating on their behalf, realizing the pitfalls of direct negotiating.
- The REALTOR® will enlist the services of other REALTORS® to help sell your home, giving the owner the advantage of their entire local sales market.
- The REALTOR® will price the property to sell at fair market value. The average For sale by Owner over-prices, but eventually accepts an offer below Market Value.
- “For Sale by Owner” signs says “Curiosity Seekers Welcome”. Your REALTOR® will screen the lookers from the qualified buyers.
- Your REALTOR® guarantees their work. They get paid only when your home is sold and you have received the proceeds from the sale.
Thanks to Sandra Easton for this great post!
To work with the Speicher Team, please contact us.